Anyone else have the same?

CT2K

Hi Gentlemen,
I have a few switches on the vertical panel of my CT2K that Iam not sure what they are for. I am uploading a picture in case someone has a similar panel or knows these switches. They display the following (from top to down):
Anchor Light ?
Running Light (controls front light)
Cabin Light (control wingtip and tail strobes)
Bilge Pump ? (my CT has no electrical fuel pump)
Aux 1 (controls VHF)
Aux 2 (controls transponder)

post-1626-0-00351300-1486491733_thumb.png

post-1626-0-22671600-1486491783_thumb.png

@John: thanks for your search and congrats for the clever catch. It is definitely the one you found at Hamilton Marine.

@WmInce: thanks for the relabel trick

@CT2Kflyer: thanks for sharing a picture of your panel and your relabel

Apparently the panel of my CT is not one of a kind. There seem to be other CTs that are fitted the same way.

I have to say I really learned quite a lot about my CT since I joined this forum. I am grateful to all contributors and to all those who took the time to read my questions.

If that is actually how they were delivered from the factory, that's kind of hilarious.

I'm sure it's fully functional, and electrons don't know the difference between boats and airplanes, it's just funny.   :)

As delivered from the factory...

post-940-0-80963500-1486569211_thumb.jpg

Meh...you overpaid.

And you didn't even get a bilge pump!   ;)

Over at Pilots of America there are two types of commentors.

The ones who bash the Cirrus for having 'too may gadgets and goodies.'  And claim the 6000 plus Cirrus owners are not 'real pilots.'   A kind of envy deal going on more likely.

And those who own and fly them and know the truth, that a Cirrus is just like any other plane. 

My CTLSi had the same level of glass and goodies as the Cirrus I fly now, they even share a chute.   Yet the CTLSi was .1844 to .1855 the cost of a Cirrus.  So it can't be the goodies, or can it?

My CTLSi had the same level of glass and goodies as the Cirrus I fly now, they even share a chute.   Yet the CTLSi was a tenth the price.  So it can't be the goodies, or can it?

Which are we supposed to believe? Your CTLSi was priced sub $100,000 or your Cirrus was 1.6 million? :rolleyes:

I know you're kidding.  But for the sake of accuracy...the CTLSi three years ago was $160k loaded (Dynon dual glass and autopilot, fuel injected, Mode S xpndr, TIS/TCAS/ADS-B, garmin 796).  The Cirrus pricing is on their website, it's the same for everyone.   The SR22T loaded is $870k.  So maybe closer to 1/8th the price?   My math is shaky.

I hope people reading this forum come to understand what a fantastic value the CT is....

It is between 1/5th and 1/6th. Dividing the numbers you just put up places the CT at 18% the cost of the Cirrus.

It is between 1/5th and 1/6th. Dividing the numbers you just put up places the CT at 18% the cost of the Cirrus.

In the spirit of minutia.    Purchase price, sales tax (8.5%).  First year Insurance, Cost of Funds (or opportunity loss if you have the cash).  And first year Depreciation.

CT   $160,000 + $13,600 + $2,000 + $6,400 = $182,000

Cirrus   $870,000 + $73,950 + $10,000 + $34,800 = $988,750

CT (100hrs) = $1,200 annual, $2,000 fuel, $500 oil changes

Cirrus (100hrs) = $5,000 annual, $12,000 fuel, $1,000 oil changes

$185,700 / $1,006,750  = .1844%

Depreciation Loss:

$185,700 - $32,000 / $1,006,750 - $174,000  = .1845%

Seems like the CT is still significantly cheaper (which was the original point).

CT (100hrs) = $1,200 annual, $2,000 fuel, $500 oil changes

Who pays $250 for an oil change on a CT?!?  The filter is $20-25 and the oil is $35 for three liters.  Even if you pay somebody to do it at a shop rate of $100/hr, it should not take more than a half hour, for a grand total of $110.  If they gouge you for a full hour labor it's $160.

Who pays $250 for an oil change on a CT?!?  The filter is $20-25 and the oil is $35 for three liters.  Even if you pay somebody to do it at a shop rate of $100/hr, it should not take more than a half hour, for a grand total of $110.  If they gouge you for a full hour labor it's $160.

The CT costs assumes 100LL, thus 25 hour oil changes.  That would be four of them at a cost of $125. 

Ah...I thought you stuck to unleaded fuel exclusively for your CTLSi.

I did use Mogas and did my own oil changes (avg cost about $50 bucks @ 50 hrs).   But I was creating a "typical" cost scenario for both aircraft.  And the maintenance costs assumed using a factory authorized shop.   I also assumed most will finance their purchase. 

Why do this at all?   Well, I was earlier trying to make the simple point that the CT is a terrific bargain as compared to a Cirrus (both planes are similar in design and sophistication within their niches).   But some wanted to dig deeper...hence the excruciating cost details.

I did, but I was creating a "typical" cost scenario for both aircraft.  And the maintenance costs assumed using a factory authorized shop.   I also assumed most will finance their purchase, I paid cash for both planes. 

Why do this at all?   Well, I was earlier trying to make the simple point that the CT is a terrific bargain as compared to a Cirrus (both planes are similar in design and sophistication within their niches).   But some wanted to dig deeper...hence the excruciating cost details.

If you are referring to me, I didn't need you to dig any deeper. I have owned several airplanes over the last 25 years. I know how to figure cost. I was simply pointing out your exaggerated less than factual numbers.

Archived