Stick back pressure on take off - how much?

Jnowak

Well, doing a little research shows I might have misued my terms. Since the energy involved in this discussion is motion and not positional, it's actually kenetic and not potential. But my point still stands that the airplane at 45kt IAS tn 10,000ft is carrying more energy than one at 45kt IAS at MSL.

Not sure how much is enough - I apply back pressure during rollout on take off only gently - I did that one time too much and the plane took off before I think it should have. I have low time on CTLS and not sure what to look for. Any thoughts?

Jnowak,

Since you are EU, see if you can find the Swiss pilots Yannick Bovier and Francisco Agullo, who, in 2010 flew from Sion Switzerland

around the world, in 2 CTs.

They should have all possible rotation options for you.

RH

Jnowak,

Since you are EU, see if you can find the Swiss pilots Yannick Bovier and Francisco Agullo, who, in 2010 flew from Sion Switzerland

around the world, in 2 CTs.

They should have all possible rotation options for you.

RH

Or maybe not...they flew those airplanes at 1675lb...I bet their rotation speeds were, um...higher.   ;)

And you should, to be correct over all such examples, quality your altitude terms as "density attidude", not simply altitude.

Yes, one thing I like about the CTLS, is that it speaks to you, clearly, when it is ready to fly and climb.

Cheers

And you should, to be correct over all such examples, quality your altitude terms as "density attidude", not simply altitude.

Correct. I shorthanded some of that since I figured we were all on the same page on that score. 10000ft DA has the same IAS numbers as 10000ft MSL in a standard atmosphere.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived