Levil's new stuff.... ADS-B and more. Neat design.

CT4ME

She does say in the video that the bom replaces an inspection plate.  I just wasnt sure about inspection plates on the CTSW. 

Neat thing about this is it would give static pitot , ahrs , ads-b, aoa and gps to a tablet. Most of the stratis, stratux etc give groundspeed and not airspeed on the synthetic vision. (I think the ilevel 3 has static/pitot but it has to be hooked up in the panel)

Rich

The Lexan inspection plate is probably too flimsy with weight plus flight loads.  You could make a thicker, aluminum plate, but the four tiny screws that hold it are suspect.  You could make a different plate mounting setup, or use the tie-down ring as Tim mentioned.  I'm *sure* you could find a good secure way to do it under a CT wing.  I'm curious how much drag the BOM adds, with the turbine spinning for power and all. 

I'm curious how much drag the BOM adds, with the turbine spinning for power and all.

I would bet very little drag at all. It is very sreamlined. Contrast that to a GoPro camera hanging from that ring.

At first look, it's an exciting little device. The technology is moving very fast.

• 8 months later...

Archived