Nice CTLS Cockpit View 360 degree

CT4ME

10 hours ago, Doug G. said:

All CTLSs have redundant Dynon sensor sets. Two magnetometers, two OAT sensors, two pitots, twice the chance to injure yourself walking around the plane.:fainting-1344:

My CTLS doesn't have 2 pitot tubes.

The 2 pitot tubes didn't come with the CTLS, it came later with the introduction of the 10" Skyview. ASTM requires a back up for digital instrument displays. The older Ct's with the D100/120 combos had room for the analog instruments in the panel. The 10" displays no longer had that room, so they added the extra AHARS and pitot to maintain the required redundancy. I don't know if any were delivered, but the Dynon 7" Skyview was the standard equipment for the CTLS with the 10" being an option. The 7" system still only had on pitot.

24 minutes ago, FlyingMonkey said:

I didn't know ASTM required backup for digital displays...great info.  Thanks Tom!

Yep, that's the reason for having the analog with the D100. The digital display also has to have a battery back up for night flight.

3 hours ago, Tom Baker said:

My CTLS doesn't have 2 pitot tubes.

The 2 pitot tubes didn't come with the CTLS, it came later with the introduction of the 10" Skyview. ASTM requires a back up for digital instrument displays. The older Ct's with the D100/120 combos had room for the analog instruments in the panel. The 10" displays no longer had that room, so they added the extra AHARS and pitot to maintain the required redundancy. I don't know if any were delivered, but the Dynon 7" Skyview was the standard equipment for the CTLS with the 10" being an option. The 7" system still only had on pitot.

I stand corrected. Thanks Tom.

Archived