Idle is low I hope?

Buckaroo

There would be only one way that I know of. I don't do this, but remember it being done at Lockwood back when I did my initial Rotax or Flight Design training. There was at least one mechanic there that would take a file to the back of the slot where the throttle lever is in the cockpit. By moving the slot back you lower the idle the same on both carbs. You would also need to make sure the throttle arms on the carb are not touching the idle screw.

The best option is to put gauges on and bring the idle back and balance the carbs at the same time.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting ready to take my ride with now 705 hours on her for a 390 nm ride for a full service to Fairfield Ut. The last annual was done at 625 hours a year ago and who knows if anything was correctly done. Since my fuel fail and getting a little nervous about the ride south are there any obvious things I should inspect before my trip? I've been flying her several times a week but am somewhat concerned she may be a little in need of maintenance.

Here are things that I can see need attention: 

1. Oil leaking lightly from right side of engine. 

2.heat wrap totally deteriorate on all fixtures.

Obvious poor detail work on carb cables, fuel pump over flow and other minor things pointed out on my photo inspection of the engine. 

3. Black streams of oil or lube like thin flows appearing on the front wheel housing. Looks like maybe a suspension seal leak.

4. Rpm at 1450

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, JohnnyBlackCT said:

If I was concerned, I would plan one or two fuel stops to keep the tanks full and check the oil.  Take a couple bottles of oil with you.  Should be a fun trip.

These aircraft are fun when they get professional care I'll bet!

Archived