New CTs arriving from Germany

CT4ME

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I chased drug smugglers with outside mirrors on their planes. 

When we say the mirrors we knew they were bad guys. 

Trouble is we would fly up under them 20 feet or so for identification and the mirrors would not detect us. We could see if the paint had dried.

Duane, i used to do automotive testing in Florida.  We used to take Alligator Alley across Florida during wee hours of the nite.  There were a couple of times we had aircraft come a few feet above our cars and go on into the everglades.  Seemed they always had problems with their lights - never were on.  We also would see people out in the middle of the 'glades.  Figured it wouldn't be good to give them a ride.  Did you do any drug flights in this area between Naples and Homestead?

One of my temporary jobs was to run a drug interdiction program that covered Colombia to the USA.  I had many resources, including Navy AWAC's planes, ships, Balloons with radar, OPBAT helo's and well as all the Coast Guard resources. When we opened up business one morning, it was like we had swatted a bee's nest.  There were bad guys diving for cover everywhere.  We caught many during those three months.

I do have many stories and I can tell you the Cartel's did not value the planes.  They would put them down and walk away with their drugs.  We even had one air drop his cargo and bail out. The plane went out into the Gulf on autopilot until it ran out of gas and crashed.

35 minutes ago, FlyingMonkey said:

I have thought about mirrors, but can't find a great place to mount them.  My iPad is on the side of the 'shroom, so that is out...

I think I'll keep a mirror on a selfie stick in the plane.  Good for inspecting 'what's that noise?' as well as looking back when the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on the new arrivals in AUS. My CTLS -HLt was assembled first and had a few problems. Fuel leak from the left tank, not feeding fuel to the header tank properly, display problems that we cannot correct because of being locked out of some functions. My tail no. was given to someone else and a heap of other frustrations dreamed up by our regulators.

The CTLS jubilee we assembled today we have so far found no problems and it looks great. So far so good.

The aircraft built by Aerojones also has arrived but we have not assembled it yet. The finish and fit and workmanship that I have looked at so far is brilliant. This is one very nice bird.

Update    Just received a text that says that Germany is sending an engineer out from Germany to fix the problems with my aircraft as soon as he can get a visa. This is real support, and is an indication of how customer focused the new Flight design system appears to be.

Looking forward to posting more positive news soon. 

1 hour ago, ct9000 said:

Just an update on the new arrivals in AUS. My CTLS -HLt was assembled first and had a few problems. Fuel leak from the left tank, not feeding fuel to the header tank properly, display problems that we cannot correct because of being locked out of some functions. My tail no. was given to someone else and a heap of other frustrations dreamed up by our regulators.

The CTLS jubilee we assembled today we have so far found no problems and it looks great. So far so good.

The aircraft built by Aerojones also has arrived but we have not assembled it yet. The finish and fit and workmanship that I have looked at so far is brilliant. This is one very nice bird.

Update    Just received a text that says that Germany is sending an engineer out from Germany to fix the problems with my aircraft as soon as he can get a visa. This is real support, and is an indication of how customer focused the new Flight design system appears to be.

Looking forward to posting more positive news soon. 

That is great news thanks! 

Now what would really make me happy would to see current participation by FD in some of these events like Sun and Fun, Osh and others. I’m getting tired of watching 8 year old FD features on You Tube with all the other brands being current. ?

Archived