I’m going to CPS for classes March 4th through 15 th! Thoughts!

Buckaroo

I’m in a total conundrum about service on my 2007 CTSW. I love my fun and easy flying FD but need service. I originally wanted to fly her south to visit with Roger and get the best full service done but wife’s health issues prevented this. 

Now I've decided to do a few things in order to keep my beloved FD in remote Montana where there are zero service centers within 700 miles. 

I will attend California Power Systems March 5th through the 15th for their 7 day three class course. I’m ordering the 5 year hose job from them as well. That’s about $1000 in parts and them hopefully I’ll have enough confidence to do the job myself. I really need to be a independent operator and safe service person on my plane as there’s no other alternative locally. I understand the airframe course is also required. 

Please advise for positive and negatives of this plan!!

Thanks in advance.

Actually Just taking the 2 day course. As I said the Rotax service course (2d).  Next one would be rotax maintenance (2d). 3rd course is heavy maintenance (3d). 

Sport expo is 24 -27. Course is 29-30. Thought I would go to the expo sat. Fish somewhere sunday and take the course mon, tues. 

:)

I dont think so. this is from the lockwood info:

I have a good friend who is a great a&p and used to run a cirrus repair station. He will help me with the annual but doesn't have rotax experience. So this should help me with the annual and everyday stuff. 

The first is Service Training.  It covers the engine systems, operational issues, routine service, and inspections - including the condition inspection (100 hour or annual). 

Hands on Training

It is intended for the Light Sport operator/owner and as an introductory course for homebuilders and licensed maintainers.

The second course is Maintenance.  It continues deeper into engine systems and installation issues, troubleshooting and major component disassembly.  It is intended for homebuilders and licensed maintainers.

The third course is Heavy Maintenance.  It continues covering engine disassembly of all components with the exception of splitting the case and goes into the repair of the major engine components.  This course is intended for maintainers who will be setting up or working in a heavy maintenance repair center.

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 5:17 AM, ls6pilot said:

Actually Just taking the 2 day course. As I said the Rotax service course (2d).  Next one would be rotax maintenance (2d). 3rd course is heavy maintenance (3d). 

Sport expo is 24 -27. Course is 29-30. Thought I would go to the expo sat. Fish somewhere sunday and take the course mon, tues. 

:)

I was referring to the OP, who stated he was planning on all 3.

Archived