CTLS K&N Air Filter model #

bmar

The original filter is a K&N. It should be cleaned and treated as part of the annual condition inspection. Unless you are operating in a harsh environment cleaning and treating annually should be sufficient. I normally clean and treat while I am in the process of doing the rest of the inspection.

It only takes a little bit of time to clean it. I do them during the annual. I pull it, wash it in water and "Oil Eater" degreaser (water based and won't hurt the filter material), then while working on other items I place it in the sun long enough to dry then apply the oil.  They are rarely dirty enough to change them out between annuals and most could go 2 annuals. Unless you are flying nothing, but dirt sterips and taxing right behind someone else kicking up a lot of dust yours should never need to be cleaned in between annuals. 

9 hours ago, Roger Lee said:

It only takes a little bit of time to clean it. I do them during the annual. I pull it, wash it in water and "Oil Eater" degreaser (water based and won't hurt the filter material), then while working on other items I place it in the sun long enough to dry then apply the oil.  They are rarely dirty enough to change them out between annuals and most could go 2 annuals. Unless you are flying nothing, but dirt sterips and taxing right behind someone else kicking up a lot of dust yours should never need to be cleaned in between annuals. 

I was gonna put mine in the sun to dry today but didn't know how to get to 5000 Ft so I could find it.:bad_day-3329:

Archived