How to pull wires for wingtip lights

Aeromut

I want to replace the weak wingtip nav lights with upgraded types that have strobes on my 2006 CTSW.  I've narrowed it down to Thiesen EPTA-LSA for about $395 or Aveo Ultra Daylite (new for 2017-replace Aveo Ultra) for $778 from Spruce.  Anyone familiar with either?"  EPTA-LSA as bright?  Then I need to run 4 wires to the wingtips to allow for the strobes to be added to a separate switch.  Does anyone know the best way to do it and do the wings have to be pulled?

I *believe* the wiring is run straight through via a wire loom in the wing, and you might be able to pull new wires through with an existing wire.

After that, the wires are run back through the rear bulkhead, down into the tunnel, and forward to the firewall and up. Everything is in wire looms on CTLS and wrapped with 16 freaking layers of tape, but I think SWs only use it in some places.

The manufacturer is the same as the older model of lights (EPL). We're currently using a set on one of ours. I find them to perform considerably better than the old model because they include a heat sink that sticks out from the epoxy casing. That thing gets HOT when on the bench for a while, and it sticks out into the airstream for cooling. Doesn't surprise me that we have had many failures of the old models.

We did not get the strobing version, we got the EPL2is. Didn't need them with the beacon.

If you remove your beacon, you need to remove and re-balance the rudder, and plug the hole.

You do not need to wire the yellow wire if you don't want to. It's for syncing the flashes. Though I admit, putting a landing light, wingtip lights, and tail light all hooked up with synchronization all flashing at once would be neat.

You might want to instead look into the new ADS-B out Nav light with strobe solution that’s just now being introduced. In fact the article I read depicted a CT pictured in the feature. This company will offer ADS-B in on the green right wing navy as well. It’s a plug and play for both sides. The red nav light is out with strobe and $1400 and no install costs as plug it in. 

Im trying to get the company and article stand by!

Archived