PhotoWindow

Ian

Hi all - next question!!

On the Flight Design website and in their documentation there is a Photowindow (70270) but no pictures - the description says "Additional photowindow in left door, 165 x 260 mm, sliding upwards Fresh air window from Comfort Package remains unaffected"

Does anyone have this option?

As it says "left door" is that the left as looking forward from the aircraft, i.e. Pilot side, or the left as looking towards the aircraft i.e. Passenger side?

Thanks

Ian

ps Aircraft ordered, should be flying in March!!

Hi Ian

My friend with the amphib SW has that window.[ pilot side see picture] I flew quite a bit with him and we both found the window very noisy when opened. Also, it make an easy access to the plane...for the thieves.

Myself , I'ld rather have the 'small' window but at a better location for pictures

post-112-017111800 1293917397_thumb.jpg

Hi Ian

Had the requested window on the passenger side (right) in my last CTSW, my wife found it very useful so we ordered it again for our new CTLS last spring. Unfortunately it was delivered on the left side this time ( I had ordered it on the passenger side!) Having the photographer with me most of the time I never take pictures and had to install an additional one for her afterwards. So be sure to order it definitely on the side you want it. As Jacques mentioned it is quite noisy when open so when we get close to busy traffic and important communication I ask her to close the window. Adjustment of the passenger seat depending on location of window and stature of passenger is necessary. On the other hand you don´t have to worry about reflections any more, possibly about the wind and lens contact when sticking it out too far. Anyway, my wife likes it and that is the most important thing.

Have a Happy New Year and Safe Flying in your new CT,

Anselm

PS Had a wonderful flight up to the Orkneys last May and the window proved very valuable again.

Many thanks Jacques & Anselm for the useful information

The sight of that Candian amphibious CT brought back many memories - a few years back I had a holiday on Vancouver Island and did a floatplane rating whils I was there - got to be the most fun you can have with your clothes on!!

Cheers

Ian

Archived