Mammoth area collection of stills

Ed Cesnalis

Damn it Ed.

Collecting your photos in groups is great... but no substitute for labels. If the added wording offends you artistic sense, then at least allow me to see it when I click on the print or an info button. The first photo, for example, should say something along the lines of: Looking north toward the Union Carbide tungsten mine in Pine Creek Canyon.

I'm not going to buy your coffee table book - whenever it's finally published and even with the 25% CT Flier discount - unless it includes labels.

Mike Koerner

6 minutes ago, Mike Koerner said:

Damn it Ed.

Collecting your photos in groups is great... but no substitute for labels. If the added wording offends you artistic sense, then at least allow me to see it when I click on the print or an info button. The first photo, for example, should say something along the lines of: Looking north toward the Union Carbide tungsten mine in Pine Creek Canyon.

I'm not going to buy your coffee table book - whenever it's finally published and even with the 25% CT Flier discount - unless it includes labels.

Mike Koerner

:)

The two collections of which you are looking at one of, are there to see a collection that has consistency and are not surreal. As well what story they tell collectively, or what story they illustrate, or what story they inspire when viewed by the authtor (not me).  I'm hoping to use someone more expert and that is a better writer while I focus on the photography.

These will be my first two I think.

Yosemite edition: http://www.edcesnalis.com/

Mammoth area editon: http://www.edcesnalis.com/mammoth-lakes-area  

A simple photo collection with labels?  Trying to decide direction.  Mammoth Mountain uses my photos and their publisher is working with me as well as some mountaineers.

Now that I see the collections taking shape I'm quite confused on what it is that I do shoot.  It was going to be a peak guide but its something else.

Archived