What tire Pressures is everyone using on the Bigger Tires

DJ Todd B

We use 32 psi on all four of our planes with the large tires and don't let it get below 28. In our area (Wisconsin) the pressure fluctuates with the temp. Soft tires spin on the rim and damage the valve stem. Much better to keep the pressure up than push the plane with a flat when it is Zero outside.

32-35 PSI is what I am for.

With matcos, I know roger goes as low as 26 psi. They grip the rim a lot more.

But since we do flight training, and we have problems with stems getting torn at lower pressures, I keep on the higher end.

Though I might start trying to apply a rubber compound to the rims to help hold the tires tighter so I can run with lower pressure for better cushioning... it's an idea!

Corey,

the front tire is the one in danger with low pressure because of taxiing. The tundra 6.00 x6 mains will absolute not rotate on the wheel at 25-27 psi. We keep the smaller 4.00x6 could. We keep the smaller mains at 35 and never below 30.

i have never in 1 years had a stem pull out in a hundred different CT’s with those pressures.

Students are notarize for cheating on the pre flight by not checking the pressure. If they have a flat in the cold weather it is something they will never do again, Sadly the tube is shot and takes time to fix it. Had one a couple a weeks ago on the approach to the runway. One mile from the hangar. He froze is *** of. Need to keep the pressure on instructors and students to check pressure  on each pre-flight.

Pilots also.

Nobody said it was easy renting and training.

Archived