One day, all of a sudden, upon powering up, I get an error message on Skyview map. It simply says "No GPS Position Source" (SEE PHOTO). No rhyme or reason. No updates, no changes in wiring, no loose connections, no recent maintenance - nothing - just this error message. Never acquired position throughout entire flight. Autopilot grayed out as well. Alstry to enter map menu with joystick, nothing comes up. 

What the heck? Any ideas?

OK, one confession, I did enter Setup Menu to put AutoPilot into "expert" control mode (from "Simplified", then switched it back.) But I am almost positive I did not screw with any other settings.

Does anyone know how to get back my GPS?

Tom

pgVE%xUiQhqsyL%43CJTOA.jpg

I'd call DYNON after downloading and forwarding your DIAGNOSTICS file to them.

You can send the file from http://www.dynonavionics.com/data-datalogs-upload.php

It's possible your GPS-2020 has malfunctioned.

Before you begin to think I know anything about fixing flyng machines (I only fly them) I am in the midst of a similar issue and anxiously awaiting a replacement GPS-2020.

• 4 weeks later...

BY THE WAY, THIS PROBLEM IS SOLVED. As it turns out, I learned something very important. When you turn on your PDF inside a hangar (or elsewhere, when it can't acquire a GPS signal), it gives up and after a while will not even try to acquire, hence the the "NO GPS POSITION SOURCE" message. All you have to do is power it down completely, then turn it back on in an open area.  However, if it stays on after being closed in, it will "give up" trying. An interesting anomaly. 

In my other glass cockpits (such as my Cirrus SR22), if I turn on the GPS, while inside the hangar, it will continually search for a GPS source as I roll it outside.

Archived