Seeking information

I don't know much about your aircraft. I'm looking for a cross-country machine that is comfortable. I am every bit of 6' 3" and I hope I will fit inside this aircraft.

If anyone has one in South Texas please contact me so I can check your plane out. I'd like to buy a used one that won't break the bank. Thank you.

It's hard to beat a CT as a cross country machine in the LSA category.  It has big fuel tanks, sips fuel, is comfortable and well equipped.  I have flown mine around quite a bit of the country, and my longest non-stop flight to date is 558 miles.

At 6'3" you will fit in the CT, my CFI is an inch taller and he fits.  Taller than that and you start to get into annoying visibility issues with the spar carry-through box.

I'll second Flying Monkey's comments.  I have flown my 2007 CTSW all over the country in the 10 years I've owned it, the longest trip being a 7 day marathon trip "following Lewis and Clark" up the Missouri River.  Albuquerque to St. Louis, then up the Missouri River and on to the mouth of the Columbia River.  And return home.  Over 4300 miles.  Lots of stops along the route to visit iconic Corps of Discovery sites and museums.  And the CT got all kinds of interested attention at almost every stop.  Comfortable traveling airplane, reasonable to refuel, and has good long legs if needed.  I use is for travel much more than my previous plane, a Cessna 182.  Frankly, while a bit slower than the 182 (15 - 20 knots or so) it is so much more reasonable to fly and I find it more comfortable in addition.  You can't go wrong with a good CT.

Thanks Dick. I think FD is also missing a great ad benefit by not having a representative at the annual Page Fly-in.  Great photo ops for their ads along with any number of stories of epic trips taken in CTs!  Maybe this year?

Archived