Pictures of installed autopilot servos for CTSW

CTMI

I'm looking at installing an autopilot on my CTSW. 

Would anyone with an autopilot equipped CTSW be willing to take and send me photos of the installed servos?

ive got drawing from flight design, but pictures of some installed servos would sure help me out. 

Also if anyone has done this before, I'd love a synopsis and total cost 

I installed one in a CTSW, but it was almost 9 years ago. I also installed one in my CTLS, but the pitch servo is mounted differently. For the install of the pitch servo I think FD calls for bushings to be installed, which requires composite work. The three hardest things will be installing the bushings, cutting a hole for the auto pilot head if you have to, and getting the geometry for the pushrod of the pitch servo correct. The only other thing that might be a little tricky is installing the autopilot disconnect switch in the control stick.

I had Lockwood install a TruTrak AP a few years ago as an add-on.  Probably similar to what you are doing.  Next time I'm at the hangar I'll get some pictures, but it might not be until the weekend.  The roll servo sits under the BRS between the baggage bays, and the pitch servo is under the pilot seat.  I got lucky in that the AP I had installed was used but came out of another CTSW, and I got the factory wiring harness with it.

• 1 month later...

Archived