waterworld

CTLS Float Plane

I am thinking about purchase of CTLS equipped with amphibian floats.  Anyone out there had experience flying one and can share their experience with the performance?  Owners happy with purchase?   Gross weight/balance issues much different vs on wheels?  Any used float equipped CTLS for sale?

I had a ride in one once. With floats you gain 110 pounds of gross weight, but the float installation is over 200 pounds. That equates to a loss of useful load of around 100 pounds. IIRC cruise speed was around 100-105 kts, but they were running the engine harder than most on wheels do. I think their fuel burn was 6 gallon plus per hour. The folks at Airtime Aviation should be able to answer all your questions.

For those in the know - is there any difference between the 2008 CTLS and the 2009 CTLS?  Any design chances or flaws that were corrected/modified  between those years?  Thanks for any reply. 

Not all 2008's are the same. There were 2 different aileron control systems. You will want the later control system. Mid 2008 and 2009 should be basically the same. There might have been a change in the seat design, I don't remember when that happened. There were some other changes that came in 2010.