Jump to content
Phil B

Flight Training

Recommended Posts

I'm located in northern Florida and looking to complete my BFR in a CTLS.  We are considering the purchase of this model and thought it would be good to gain some hands on experience.  Very willing to travel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know of anybody nearby who has a CT for rent, unfortunately.  Since a BFR would require the owner to sit on the ground while a CFI and stranger took off in his airplane, it might be a hard sell.

the best bet is to find a CFI who owns a CT and is willing to give a flight review in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not a CFI and I am not interested in renting out my CTSW.

The only CFI I know, that has access to a CTLS in Florida, is John Hurst [Placid Lakes-09FA, ‭(214) 335-8883‬]. He also sells airplanes for Flight Design. I believe there are others down in the Miami area, but I have never met them.

I did my CTLS training at Paragon, in Fort Myers (Jeff Wolf), but I think Paragon sold both of their CTLS's some time ago.

Other than that, perhaps Tom Gutman at Airtime Aviation Inc. (918-625-5442). Tom is a CFI and has immediate access to CTLS's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/03/2018 at 6:52 PM, Phil B said:

I'm located in northern Florida and looking to complete my BFR in a CTLS.  We are considering the purchase of this model and thought it would be good to gain some hands on experience.  Very willing to travel.

Remember that a Flight Review is just that, it’s a review of what you should already know.

It cannot be a training flight, which you would need,to be able to demonstrate your proficiency in the CT !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Captain Charles said:

Remember that a Flight Review is just that, it’s a review of what you should already know.

It cannot be a training flight, which you would need,to be able to demonstrate your proficiency in the CT !

 

That is incorrect. This is copied directly from the CFR 61.56 covering flight reviews.

(a) Except as provided in paragraphs (b) and (f) of this section, a flight review consists of a minimum of 1 hour of flight training and 1 hour of ground training. The review must include:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tom Baker said:

That is incorrect. This is copied directly from the CFR 61.56 covering flight reviews.

(a) Except as provided in paragraphs (b) and (f) of this section, a flight review consists of a minimum of 1 hour of flight training and 1 hour of ground training. The review must include:

Well not exactly, because that section clarifies that statement by saying :

 

§61.56 Flight review.

(a) 

(1) A review of the current general operating and flight rules of part 91 of this chapter; and

(2) A review of those maneuvers and procedures that, at the discretion of the person giving the review, are necessary for the pilot to demonstrate the safe exercise of the privileges of the pilot certificate.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Captain Charles said:

Well not exactly, because that section clarifies that statement by saying :

 

§61.56 Flight review.

(a) 

(1) A review of the current general operating and flight rules of part 91 of this chapter; and

(2) A review of those maneuvers and procedures that, at the discretion of the person giving the review, are necessary for the pilot to demonstrate the safe exercise of the privileges of the pilot certificate.

That is just telling you what ground and flight training is required, but regardless it is still instruction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×