Just Met Two CTers From This Forum

FlyingMonkey

Dick Harrison and his buddy Phil were just flying through the area and stopped by my home airport to say hi.  We chatted for a while about flying and all things CT related.  Great couple of guys, lots of good stories and flying experience there!  Unfortunately they are on their way back to Detroit facing ~50kt headwinds.  :bad_day-3329: 

Hi Andy.  Great that Phil and I were able to meet you.  Think I text'd you but we had 50 to 65 kt winds at 300 degrees and our course was about 10 degrees all the way back to Michigan.  We got the 65 kt winds when we had to go above 9500 feet to get smooth air and stay out of the clouds.  True at 127kts with a 80kt ground speed during the this 65kt portion of the trip.  What a wild day.  Still, we made it home from your airport in 6.5 hours that included a stop for gas at KBYL (Williamsburg, KY) and another stop at I74 (Grimes) to eat.  Actually, the trip back was better than the trip down where we had to dodge impassable snow squalls thru Kentucky and Tennessee!  Couldn't have done this without ADS-B traffic and weather.  Phil's CTLS performed great.

Archived