In the market for a CTLS or possibly CTSW

Ben2k9

I was in the market for a 2008 CLTs a few weeks back and there were 2 pretty good ones on Barnstormers.com.  Both from private sellers.  Mike Davis had a 2008 in Arkansas and just got it out of the annual in early March.  It just had the rubber replacement then.  Seems like it had about 400 hours.  He was asking $85k.  Phil Dickerson had also had a 2008 that was due for annual and rubber replacement at the end of this month or early April.  He had about 900 hours.  He wanted $84,500.  His was located in Tulsa.  Rex Johnson did the annuals on both and most of the maintenance over both plane's lifespans.  I called him and questioned both airplanes and he had nothing bad to say about either.  Both owners were super nice and had answers to all my questions.  I was leaning toward the one in Arkansas with 400 hours, then an unbelievable deal popped up on a 2014 CTLSi, so that's the one I bought.  I recommend getting in touch with both of them.  You can call Rex Johnson and ask about planes and his recent annuals can serve as a free prebuy inspection.  You might want to give Tom Gutman in Tulsa a call too.

6 hours ago, Andy A said:

I was in the market for a 2008 CLTs a few weeks back and there were 2 pretty good ones on Barnstormers.com.  Both from private sellers.  Mike Davis had a 2008 in Arkansas and just got it out of the annual in early March.  It just had the rubber replacement then.  Seems like it had about 400 hours.  He was asking $85k.  Phil Dickerson had also had a 2008 that was due for annual and rubber replacement at the end of this month or early April.  He had about 900 hours.  He wanted $84,500.  His was located in Tulsa.  Rex Johnson did the annuals on both and most of the maintenance over both plane's lifespans.  I called him and questioned both airplanes and he had nothing bad to say about either.  Both owners were super nice and had answers to all my questions.  I was leaning toward the one in Arkansas with 400 hours, then an unbelievable deal popped up on a 2014 CTLSi, so that's the one I bought.  I recommend getting in touch with both of them.  You can call Rex Johnson and ask about planes and his recent annuals can serve as a free prebuy inspection.  You might want to give Tom Gutman in Tulsa a call too.

Great info -thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a 2008 ctls with 696 dual panel all updates ,custom full cover annual in oct .Always hangared great auto pilot.Never Any mechanical issues .Always starts easily and quickly.Believe I have 700 hrs but need to check log.Dont fly much in winter.Replacing with 182.call Liz interested .Asking  87 k .Extra Tires ,battery maintainer, two stereo top of the line head phones. John Walker 319 234 1766. Waterloo Iowa.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...