Air filter removal

ibjet

Tried to remove my air filter this evening on my 2006 CTSW. Removed the 4 screws that hold the air cleaner housing to the firewall, but it will not tilt forward very much. I tried to pull the filter out, but it would not come out. I suppose I can "tear it out", but hate to pull that hard. 

I'd love to hear from anyone that has done this. 

Thanks,

ET

I take it no longer has the 3 plastic wire ties. Good thing.

You don't need to drop the housing down. I just take something sharp pointed. Place it on the front lip of the air filter, lift it up and grab it either with a pair of forceps or a long pair of needle nose pliers. Slides right out. Since everyone got rid of those wire ties no reason to drop that housing any longer. To put it in slide it in and press it down with something a little long. Anything will work.

When you get a hose change someone should have re-routed the two fuel hoses down to the gascolator over to the left and down through the triangle area in the engine mount. This effectively moved those two hoses from direct on top the engine and in the way of that housing out of the way.

Thanks Roger, when I grow up I wanna be like you, ha ha!!! I really appreciate your helpfulness.

I do have one tie wrap laterally around the filter. I assumed it was keeping me from pulling the filter out. I was thinking I would try to reach in and cut that tie wrap today. I'll do another reply here wth any updates. I found a problem with my throttle cable routing. I'll do another post with before and after pictures. I'd love to hear your take on that.

Again thanks Roger

ET

Archived