IFly 740b installed

Ben2k9

Seems like several owners are going the iFly route.  My upgrade has been stalled due to shoulder surgery, but as soon as I'm able I will be adding this unit to my airplane to replace the aging 496.

How is the iFly doing driving the autopilot?  Does it hold course and altitude well?

41 minutes ago, FlyingMonkey said:

Seems like several owners are going the iFly route.  My upgrade has been stalled due to shoulder surgery, but as soon as I'm able I will be adding this unit to my airplane to replace the aging 496.

How is the iFly doing driving the autopilot?  Does it hold course and altitude well?

Yep - it worked very well. Flew from southern IL to Nashville with the autopilot following the GPS course almost the whole way

Ben2k9, your install looks good.  My SkyGuard and iFly 740 continue to work well and have now been certified with the FAA for 2020.  Don't really use the AHRS much but good to know it's there if needed.  Which autopilot do you have - Dynon or TruTrak?

I have a 720 ifly that I hooked up temporarily to my trutrak digiflight II. It would run the autopilot for a few minutes and then lose the track. I talked to the trutrak people but could not get it to work consistently . Worked fine with the garmin 296. What output settings are you guys using? Any suggestions? I might try it again. Thanks

Archived