solarguy54

High Oil Temps

After doing a 5-year rubber replacement on our 2012 CTLS, I've noticed higher oil temps. On a 74 degree day, during climbs, temps will go to 255 and I have to level off and wait for them to come down. I've checked all of the hoses for blockages, have replaced the sensor (thinking it went bad), took the oil filter off and flushed it. Any other suggestions?

thanks,

Sid Lloyd

A hose with a reduced radius? The two I have found were the stainless fittings on top of the oil cooler. If you look at the bends they may be crimped down some from their original ID right at the bend. I removed these and replaced them with fully open fittings and the issues went away. Just something to check.

Are the oil and water hoses with tight radius retro fitted with internal springs and has the oil return from the sump to oil reservoir been re-routed for better flow?  Roger has posted this in the forum.

Here's some photos. Everything seems to be OK. Thoughts? There really aren't too many places where there could be a restriction. Oil pressure is OK.

IMG_4144.jpg

IMG_4146.jpg

IMG_4147.jpg

The last CT I had with that oil thermostat we took it off and didn't use one. temps went right down.

It's sitting on top of the oil cooler. Just take it off. Put some 90 degree fittings on and route the hose. Make it look like a CTSW.

Do you have an approval for the oil drain valve installation? When I ask Flight Design to install one my request was denied, but that was some time back.

That particular drain valve many times won't open because it hits the bottom of the plate inside the oil tank.

1 hour ago, Roger Lee said:

It's sitting on top of the oil cooler. Just take it off. Put some 90 degree fittings on and route the hose. Make it look like a CTSW.

Where can I get the 90 degree fittings? Thanks, Roger!