Flight Design at Aero in April

johnr

Gday All,

I visited the Flight Design stand at Aero in Friedrichshafen & met Mr  Sergey Sharapov the director of Avia Pro. I was impressed when he asked me what was the situation regarding CT spares in Australia. My answer included  a few expletives that I will not repeat here. He assured me that Flight Design had a much different approach to service than had been the case in the past. He gave me his card with phone number & suggested that I contact him if I had any problems with parts service in the future, or any other issues.

I was also interested in the CTsw on display. It is still available & it does have some advantages over the CTls. One of which is having  the ability to fit in a 20 ft container, it is also  lighter helping in that tight squeeze to fit everything in under 600Kg.

I was much impressed  &  feel  relieved after the concerns of the last few years.

To anyone visiting Germany there is a museum North of Friedrichshafen the Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim.

This is by far the best museum I have ever visited. The only supersonic passenger airliners to ever see service are on display. The British / French Concorde & the Russian TU-144. The Russian aircraft being bigger & prettier in my opinion. I got to climb inside & even got to see the cockpit of both. There are many other interesting aircraft both inside & on aerial displays outside. There is also the best display of Formula 1 cars I have ever seen, about 20 in total.

regards

John Reay

IMG_2615.JPG

IMG_2726.JPG

Archived