Dynon slow startup

cdarza

My D100 is coming of age.  12 years now and just recently has shown signs of age.   Delayed / slow start up.     It can take up to 4 or 5 minutes for the unit to 'warm up'  and finally show the display on the screen.    I figure i will send this in to Dynon for inspection and hopefully repair.    Just curious if anyone with a similar experience.    As nice as new skyview would be,  i am not eager to shell out over 3K just yet :)     

Dynon  responded to my email and said it might be a hardware problem.   I will try the software update first as you mentioned and if that doesn't work, by chance I will be traveling to the US in a couple weeks so I will bring it and send it in for a checkup. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

update on this.   I got it fixed by Dynon last August 2018.    I don't what the fix was but it did work until now, Jan 2019.   Sadly, problem has comeback.    My last flight the EFIS was totally dead but I still  went for a quick flight.  Around an hour into the flight the EFIS decided to power up.     Unit is going back to Dynon for a check up.     I guess I might be looking for the skyview in the near future.   Can anyone start me off with basic dynon Skyview equipment.    They list the 7" at around $2600 but do I need other stuff or can I use what was connected to the D100?

Archived