Sign in to follow this  
procharger

ADS-B problem

After flying with it I now have some kind of grimlin, during 3 flights all of a sudden

my CHT and oil temps jump to 350 -400 degrees, done this 3 times, today I landed

and stopped engine, while sitting, temps climbed even higher, turned off battery

3 seconds later I turned it back on and readings were normal, I then removed panel

unplugged ADSB and flew again for hour with no issues, what the hell?

Grounds.

Make sure they are pristine. CHT, Oil, and EGT are all sensitive to floating voltages in a EMS 120 (if that's what you have).

A GDL-82 doesn't use much power though, so I am curious myself. Still. Those grounds need to be CLEAN!

If I recall, you have a CTSW. Put a voltmeter lead on one of the grounds on the post in the upper right corner inside on the firewall, and the other at the battery negative. Turn EVERYTHING on (but engine stays off).

If you see more than a couple tens of milivolts, your ground isn't good enough. The lower, the better. Dynon recommends no higher than 5 miliamps but that's really hard to do and would require tearing out the whole grounding system to replace with larger gauge wire.

I'm saying check them. That should be the first thing you address.

Secondly, where is the ground for the GDL-82 run? Does it go all the way to the grounding bolt, or did it get pigtailed somewhere else (bad)?

Alright. Check voltage drop as aforementioned. Make sure everything is running.

Check voltage drop from the engine too.