Humphreys close up for Mike

Ed Cesnalis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, AGLyme said:

Is taking photos in the new plane any different than the old (speed/climb/gas efficiency/blah)?  Did you have to install a special camera port?

Beautiful.

The controls are different and I don't control the stick with my knees as well yet.  It took me 50 landings to adjust as well.  

2 hours ago, Ed Cesnalis said:

The controls are different and I don't control the stick with my knees as well yet.  It took me 50 landings to adjust as well.  

Not to hijack the thread, but this goes to the point I have tried to make all along. That is each of these airplanes are different, and that what works for one person in their airplane might not work well for the next person or airplane.

22 minutes ago, Tom Baker said:

Not to hijack the thread, but this goes to the point I have tried to make all along. That is each of these airplanes are different, and that what works for one person in their airplane might not work well for the next person or airplane.

true dat.  Still a CTSW but a different plane to land, it runs out of energy and goes into rapid sink at a higher speed.

Performance increase is meaningful.   Warp to Sensinitch is a big upgrade.

1 hour ago, Ed Cesnalis said:

Still flaps 30 and still full stall.  I'm now more patient in moving my stick back to the aft stop because rapid sink lives there now.

Thanks for the response Ed.

I am a bit surprised that Woodstock (your former CT) did not have identical landing characteristics as your new ride.

Just now, WmInce said:

Thanks for the response Ed.

I am a bit surprised that Woodstock (your former CT) did not have identical landing characteristics as your new ride.

Given the different control resistance it could be perception.  I now don't need to trim much which seems to amount to less feedback from the plane to me.