Ignition wiring harness question?

Buckaroo

Having a no start the other day I started focusing on the electronic modules etc.

While examining the modules and associated wiring I noticed the wiring bundles that the modules plug into appearing amateur in the installation. Many of the wires are too tight with zero give. In short the whole wiring job looks like a malfunction waiting to happen. 

Question: Can I purchase a new wiring harness that replicates the one I have? One that with a schematic will make it possible for me to start fresh with a factory wiring to connector to modules and on the other end is it doable to find all the wiring areas to the vital parts?

18 minutes ago, Roger Lee said:

Yes those are 6 pin connectors. You can undo some of those wire ties and loosen the wire tension.

Yes I did that. Visually it’s kind of a rats nest. Wish I could turn it more modular and clean. I love these 912’s but I don’t like looking at them much!?

Know what is a good tool for zip ties?

11975_3_1.thumb.jpg.6f9687f48d946239397815ab6e30c666.jpg

Not joking. Clamp onto the tie with a 1/8 inch gap from the head of the tie, and twist. It will curl the tie over itself, making a little knot like thing, and break off. The twisted end will be soft and pliable, no sharp end.

Any pliers work actually, but lineman pliers and safety wire pliers work best.

1 hour ago, Roger Lee said:

I've been using these for many years. Good flush cut on any size ties. They are quick and easy. It has quick adjustable tension settings and a quick ratchet to the cut.

https://www.amazon.com/ABN-Cable-Tie-Fastening-Tool/dp/B01MQT8IE9/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1534899524&sr=8-8&keywords=cable++tie+cutter

I just ordered them! Thanks Roger!

Archived