Blue LED

Tip

Refer to my post of June 2013 for an alternate approach. The original light in the sight tube is almost totally worthless,

There is a simple solution and I posted pictures of it and described. Look up fuel site tubes and scroll down to my post.

I reattached one of the pictures here.

Larry

Flying Bozo

Gas Gage.JPG

Tip, here's a  website I've ordered LED's from.  I've actually ordered CREE replacements for my flashlights but not individual 5mm LED's.  I see that you have blue LED for your plane?  My CTSW has red LED for the fuel sight tube.  I think that blue might show the fuel level better than red?  I might try the blue.

https://www.ledsupply.com/5mm-leds

• 1 month later...

No there is no 3-d printing project needed. Those are not blue LEDs they are the colorless ones in that give away light at Harbor Frieght. If you don't get one for free I think they are $3.99 each or so. Remove the board and put velcro on the back of the board and on the wing and stick the thing behind the fuel tube. Of course there is a little matter of powering them which takes 3 triple A batteries. Battery boxes are available on line for three tripl A batteries and on the box is a switch.

There is asmall modification on the circut board array to disable the single light and only light up the array.

Larry

Archived