ps engineering pm3000 intercom, audio input

kentuckynet

Hi guys its been a while!

Hope youre all well, i have only tried the audio input on my ctsw once , its the little 2.5mm jack. when i tried once before the trip to page it had lots of background noise mixed in.

Is there anyway to make it become bluetooth? Is there an adapter?

I have the zulu 2 headsets but i want to play the same music to both pilot and passenger through the intercom, any ideas?

Im experimental so im not against making changes!

thanks for your, "input"

MAck

Entirely possible. However, please note that GPS audio is also on that channel. If you rely on it, you will need to also implement a mixer.

The audio leading into the intercom is a standard three wire stereo input, LOW impedence. Do not use a device meant to drive speakers or other high impedance device, it will damage the intercom.

I have seen mixed reviews on a number of different bluetooth to 3.5mm adapters such as this.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/AGPtek-3-5mm-AUX-Car-Bluetooth-Receiver-Speaker-Music-Streaming-Receiver-Adapter-with-Hands-Free-Calling-for-iPhone/49335394

If you look on Amazon or other site, you will see a number of products, ranging from $10-$50.  I have had mixed luck with cheaper units, but the moderately priced units typically work well.

On the CTLS the jack is a 3.5 mm.  I took a picture yesterday, will hopefully attach it to this response.  This works well for broadcasting music from my iPad through the intercom, with the added benefit of ForeFlight talking through the intercom also (ForeFlight tells me some useful things, like “entering runway 20, ...” that can aid in situational awareness.  I actually have purchased a different receiver that might work better than the one shown, because it will allow me to pause the music, skip to the next song, etc, with buttons.  But I have not tested that one yet.  That one is here:  http://a.co/gdy69RH  

http://a.co/gdy69RH 

105E7863-C988-4F89-B3E4-E0CAEAA78CBF.jpeg

• 6 months later...
On 8/21/2018 at 11:27 PM, kentuckynet said:

Hi guys its been a while!

Hope youre all well, i have only tried the audio input on my ctsw once , its the little 2.5mm jack. when i tried once before the trip to page it had lots of background noise mixed in.

Is there anyway to make it become bluetooth? Is there an adapter?

I have the zulu 2 headsets but i want to play the same music to both pilot and passenger through the intercom, any ideas?

Im experimental so im not against making changes!

thanks for your, "input"

MAck

Where is your audio input located in the plane? I remember the guy I purchased from saying it had one but then I forgot about it and haven’t seen it since ( can’t really say that I have searched for it though either, lol). 

Archived