Mount iPad to glare shield?

tennesseect

I've been using a knee board mount for my iPad but would like to mount it to the glare shield for more convenient viewing. Does anyone have a suggested mounting hardware arrangement? i'm considering buying a RAM yoke mount and clamp it to the glare shield but wonder if others have tried this. I'm thinking I'll mount it in front of my Garmin 496. Any help?

I have a ram mount screwed to the tunnel near the floor with a bracket from the centre panel to stop it shaking. It works well - easy to read. Out of the sunlight so it does not cook. Also can swivel around so that my navigator / wife can use it to keep an eye on things. It is easier to use the I pad when mounted in the middle like this.

34 minutes ago, FlyingMonkey said:

BTW as a bonus, if you position the iPad where mine is the picture above (by whatever means), you can adjust the window vent to blow directly on the back of the iPad, and it will never overheat. 

Andy looking out your left window, the problem is not going to be heat on the I pad but vis may be an issue. Still I guess you can upgrade to IFR.

1 hour ago, ct9000 said:

Andy looking out your left window, the problem is not going to be heat on the I pad but vis may be an issue. Still I guess you can upgrade to IFR.

Haha you are correct, that was part of a trip to Michigan with my wife that was plagued with weather issues the entire flight in both directions.  In that shot vis was about 6 miles but super hazy with sub-2000ft ceilings.  It was not a fun time.

Andy please take no offence I am only joking. I need the I pad in the middle because my other half is really the nav. supervisor and we need the I pad in the middle. She is the best co-pilot ever, never takes the stick, just has to know where we are at any time. I can't complain but she keeps me honest. On a trip once it was pointed out to me that we were a mile or so left of track over a landmark on a 535 mile leg, there is no answer to that I was wrong, I still love flying with her. We both hate using I pad instead of paper maps but the world has moved on from paper maps. I have also noticed that they no not evaporate the day that they expire. 

Archived