Awesome new seat in my CTLSi

lvpazik

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:14 AM, Andy A said:

105 to 107 TAS seem to be pretty common according to the Dynon Skywiew at about 5200 rpm.  We got the plane just before summer and all the flying I've done so far has been in 90 degree heat with lots of turbulence.  It seems like there is always a headwind too.  I am ready for some smooth air this fall and winter to really dial in the airspeed and rpms.  I feel like the prop may need some adjusting, but don't want to start with that until after we get some smoother air. 

I feel like the propeller pitch has been set by Flight Design so it will not allow me to get into the yellow or red area.  the highest RPM I have ever seen is about 5350 and that was when the airplane was getting pushed down in a downdraft.

My CTLSi true airspeed in cruise (according to Dynon) is consistently around 118-120, whether in St. Louis summer or winter.  Typically fly4,500-7,500 feet.  Importantly, I throttle back to about 5450 RPM.

Andy

I did mt SW many 9 years ago and my friend did his. Just google leather upholstery cow hides and they are all over the net. I had my seat cushion part redone to. The factory seat was terrible. I took mine to an auto upholstery shop and they did the work. Did a really nice job.

Archived