lvpazik

Awesome new seat in my CTLSi

Thanks and appreciation to the team at Oregon Aero.  They rebuilt, with FD permission and proper authorization, one of my two seats.  I am so pleased I am sending in the second seat. You'll see the incredible difference between the two in the attached photo. Let's face it we love our LSA's but it takes longer to get where we're going compared to what many of us used to fly.  In my case it was a Columbia 400.  The CT's 105 knots is quite a bit slower than the Columbia's 180 knots however, the economy and pleasure of flying my CTLSi is worth it.  At the stage in my life/flying hobby, I am almost ready to retire.  Being able to stay in aviation with something affordable was paramount but so is comfort while in the air for extended periods.  Thanks again to my new seat design by Oregon Aero. 

20180903_101011_resized_1.jpg

I had mine done back in 2010 and my hangar mate with a CT did to. It does make a difference. I got grey and he got red. He finished all the leather in the cockpit red. Came out really nice. I bought a cow hide (your choice of colors) and took it to a classic car upholstery shop. With the price of the hide and the labor the seats cost me $800. Being lift up in an LS is good because you sit lower anyway. If you made a seat for an SW as thick as the one in the picture it puts you up above the spar box. Mine were 2" and I'm 6'1". My head was just a tad above the box, but did not interfere with anything. It wouldn't cost FD Mfg to have a better seat when it's being Mfg'ed. It does a better job of spreading the weight across the entire seat with a tad of padding. FD LS seats are hard.

Roger was that $800 for two seats or just one?  I'm 6'1" also with a pretty long torso, I'd be afraid to go too tall on the seats.  Maybe half as much height gain as what Ivpazik posted.

Also curious to hear what Ivpazik paid if he'll share it.  IMO the seats are one of the weak areas of the CT.

$800 for the pair. Just purchase a full cow hide (approximately 55 sqft) in the color you want. Take it to a auto upholstery shop.