New Floats from MS

Rodney

This is just for everyone's general information.   I ran across these while looking for floats the

other night.

Now Available for Rotax® Engines

Does your Bing™ carburetor float sink? Meet the new unsinkable float from Marvel Schebler!

We march right past the status quo, which is why we are excited to extend our state of the art epoxy floats to the Bing carburetor line for Rotax engines. These solid, one-piece blue epoxy floats will not leak, absorb fuel or break apart like the micro-bubble foam float competitors. Our floats can withstand extreme temperature changes and are truly unsinkable when exposed to the elements!

The Marvel Schebler MS80-430 blue floats are direct replacements for the existing Bing floats
P/N 861-184.

For more information, please view our video at Blue Epoxy Float Innovation.

Marvel Schebler is offering our state-of-the-art blue epoxy float direct to you at a price of just $125.00. Click here to order online now.

Rotax®/Bing™ Blue Epoxy Float

The cost is $125.00 for a PAIR of floats.  I have verified this with MS.

I have no connection with MS - just wanted to pass this on to fellow Rotax owners.

Rodney

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am probably in the market to change out my floats (seeing a minute amount of peeling/flaking)  Hmmm   different websites list different part numbers (Rotax though) and most of all huge price differences - i like the $49/pair that i saw compared to a high of $150 but this leads me to question what the heck is going on and am i getting a inferior product for $49 ?    

I actually saw a $300/pr but i emailed them to question the possible pricing error

Clean the outside coating flake off and keep using them. The outside coating has nothing to do with their floating or fuel absorption. I have been cleaning the flake off for almost 20 years without any issues. You could take a key and poke a bunch of dents in the float and it wouldn't make any difference. The hundreds of thousands of tiny bubbles that make up the float are all self sealed. So a damaged bubble does not affect the bubble next to it.

35 minutes ago, Warmi said:

So for a LSA , if I wanted to replace these floats, I would have to get either some kind of LOA from the manufacturer , or more likely, Rotax would have to approve it , since most manufacturers defer this type of decisions to Rotax ?

Yes, for a LSA with an airworthiness certificate in the special light sport category. I suspect some aircraft manufactures would be more willing to grant approval than others.

I don't see a FAA-PMA approval, so I would say no to use in standard category aircraft, and I am not aware of any standard category LSA that use Rotax engines.

That leaves the Rotax powered experimental market.

On 9/20/2018 at 6:11 PM, procharger said:

What do floats cost from a BMW motorcycle dealer?

I don't know, but if you have an SLSA you can't use them unless they have a Rotax part number matching the ones originally installed in your airplane, unless that has been changed by a SB or other factory document.

WE HAVE A LIMITED SUPPLY OF FACTORY NEW 64/32/405 CV RIGHT SIDE CARBURETORS WITH ALCOHOL RESISTANT FLOAT SYSTEM @ $300.00 - CLICK VIEW DETAILS ABOVE AND CHOOSE     64/32/405 BMW carbs. same as we use Different jets and stuff

I just called BMW dealer near me Bing. 64 floats $34 per set or pair.

EARLY R75/5 BMW motorcycle Bing CV carburetors, 64/32/1 ...

www.bmwmotorcycletech.info/earlybingR75CV.htm

Later model carburetors worked fairly well; they incorporated some of the things Bing & BMW recommended for the original carburetors, plus passageways changes, & much more. The final modifications & production changes on the R75/5 carburetors led to the first carburetors that generally worked quite well & were repeatable in operation, having model numbers 64/32/9 & 64/32/10

Well if I can get floats for 34 verses 130 or whatever they are, I know

which ones I am buying. They perform the same way, why would

I buy from Lockwood or somewhere else. Don't tell me they

are made different for airplanes. I worked on motorcycles 15

years for a living including BMW.

• 4 weeks later...

These have just come about. No mass distribution and major use to see how they will hold up. They aren't approved by Rotax or FD. You'd be on your own and if the mechanic was a stickler for protocol may not approve your annual with them. An ELSA is different of course.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 9:53 PM, Tom Baker said:

I just did my Rotax recurrent training, and we talked about them in class. Eric said that they are at the 7 gram limit new, and don't do well in auto fuel.

Based on what? If they just came out how much data does he have?

6 hours ago, Doug G. said:

Based on what? If they just came out how much data does he have?

Doug, the floats for the Bing carbs are new, but the material is not. They have been using the same material for other carburetors for quite some time now. I think his opinion was based on issues with those floats while using auto fuel, especially auto fuel with ethanol in the other carbs.

Archived