Hurricane Florence

ODowneyEng

Glad the you and your home fared ok. Sorry to see the hangar your CT is stored in though. 

On a side note though, and this might be helpful to some users. My insurance company, and from what I hear, others may to, provide relocation help in the event of hurricanes. My insurance provider will provide up to $1000 to help move an aircraft out of the disaster area, to include movement, storage/hangar costs, etc.

I don’t live directly on the coast, but hurricanes have been know to make it as far inland as I live. This could definitely save some heartache.

Hope recovery goes well.

Gee

Depending on how high the water got it might not be to bad. I work on a CT that has been through a flood. It had an engine tear down, avionics and wiring replaced, and parachute replaced. There is still evidence of the flood several years later. I had to replace a gearleg, and it took 3 times as long to remove it as it normally takes to completely change one out.

Thanks y’all 

Heading up there in the morning to take a gander.interstate 40 closed so l plan on driving 3 hours to cover what is normally a 45min trip.

The pond at the back of my house only went up an extra 12 in.

Sun & Fun is just around the corner. Think of all those shining flying machines 

Archived