Odowneyeng

Hurricane Florence

Glad the you and your home fared ok. Sorry to see the hangar your CT is stored in though. 

On a side note though, and this might be helpful to some users. My insurance company, and from what I hear, others may to, provide relocation help in the event of hurricanes. My insurance provider will provide up to $1000 to help move an aircraft out of the disaster area, to include movement, storage/hangar costs, etc.

I don’t live directly on the coast, but hurricanes have been know to make it as far inland as I live. This could definitely save some heartache.

Hope recovery goes well.

Gee

Depending on how high the water got it might not be to bad. I work on a CT that has been through a flood. It had an engine tear down, avionics and wiring replaced, and parachute replaced. There is still evidence of the flood several years later. I had to replace a gearleg, and it took 3 times as long to remove it as it normally takes to completely change one out.

This is my home field as well. Fortunately, my CTLS is in Elkhart, IN right now, 800’ ASL.  Oliver, sorry you’re going through this. Hoping your gear is wet but the rest is OK. 

Wow... no words here.  Very sorry for the loss of the CT, but hopefully insurance will fully cover the loss and you can pick up another.

Thanks y’all 

Heading up there in the morning to take a gander.interstate 40 closed so l plan on driving 3 hours to cover what is normally a 45min trip.

The pond at the back of my house only went up an extra 12 in.

Sun & Fun is just around the corner. Think of all those shining flying machines 

Insurance Adjuster checked a bunch of planes here. Verified my CTSW  was a write off. Even the yoke was frozen.

Water was 53”