Float bowl pins

procharger

Hi Dick,

No they are considered part of the bowl assembly. I have fixed several pins like this over the years and never had a repeat issue.

They will only come out from the inside. Usually lose pins come from too much vibration or someone has been a little hard on the bowls while accessing floats or cleaning.

• 1 month later...

I put epoxy on the underside of the holes on the outside of the bowl, after one of mine became so loose than I had fuel gushing over the hot engine.  It's a simple, easy thing to do, and that way if one gets very loose, at least you'll notice a seep on preflight and not fuel pouring out onto the ground when you shutdown like I did...

On 11/21/2018 at 2:01 PM, david said:

as  bowl pin that hold floats are small, but this pic shows the  pins  are long.

WHY?

Screenshot_2018-11-22-00-00-38-012_com.miui.gallery.png

That looks weird...I ordered a new bowl about 18 months ago, and the pins were slightly below the rim of the bowl, not *way* up high like that.  Are they loose at all?

In class I remember them talking about the new bowl having blind holes now. They also mentioned that the pins are now longer, and you should not set the bowl down upside down. The reason for the longer pin was to keep them from being able to come out of place and fowl the float on a running engine.

Archived