david

over shooting 6500 Rpm

I have question regarding Rotax 914 .During take off the Rpm rises 6200-6500 i.e overshoot for 63 second, where as 14 second only over shoot at 6500.

line maintenance book suggested for push Rod Checking, crank shaft out of round verification etc. screen print attached.eg. All system inspection, Detailed Engine afftected inspection.

05-50-00 page 10.

what is expert suggestion from you please

That is a huge overshoot. Follow the manual.

At that high of an RPM, valves can float, and forces on the engine components are very high.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Anticept said:

That is a huge overshoot. Follow the manual.

At that high of an RPM, valves can float, and forces on the engine components are very high.

vvv, good reply

Yes of couse, but i start the Engine at Ground level , its  found.....ok. IT smoothly touched 5800. then ?

11 minutes ago, david said:

Yes of couse, but i start the Engine at Ground level , its  found.....ok. IT smoothly touched 5800. then ?

knowledge is sea, dont drown in it.just enjoy the  peral   catchs.

If there's damage, it might not manifest immediately. That's the thing about judging the engine by how it runs. It only tells you part of the story.

Sir either without propeller, Or with propeller with no pitch.i noted high rpm by default.

20 minutes ago, Roger Lee said:

Andy,

Something strange here?

Seems like it to me.  I think there is a language barrier keeping us from getting the complete story...

You're not even supposed to run the engine without a prop because an over speed can happen so fast you couldn't stop it.

• Upvote 1

I would think this not only created a problem within the engine, but also the prop. I don't think I would want to fly that aircraft unless appropriate rotax and prop manufacturers inspections were done.

Very strange and i initially thought a language barrier but i dunno ....... He did mention 'during takeoff...."   so unless a language issue ... it implies the prop was attached yeah ?  lol

UAE - OK.  Your location translates from Chinese to English as:  "Dubai passenger plane crashed in Russia."

Something is off. Your using multiple VPN's. The majority read from Pakistan and your original is from San Jose, CA. You email shows from San Jose, CA.

Who's Wang Shu?

Plus the original post has some oddities. This was posted over on the Rotax forum.

This is what your location says: 迪拜客机在俄坠毁:    Dubai passenger plane crashed 62 people killed in Russia

What's up?

Name
Wang Shu
City
Dubai
State / Province / Other
UAE
Country
United Arab Emirates
Username
Wang Shu

ohhhh,, 

i am consultant in Dubi....

any violention on forum please tell me.

i am increaing experties.

1 minute ago, david said:

ohhhh,, 

i am consultant in Dubi....

any violention on forum please tell me.

i am increaing experties.

A life is either all spiritual or not spiritual at all. No man can serve two masters. Your life is shaped by the end you live for. You are made  ...