Tire pressure

Ben2k9

I agree. I do 35 with the nose wheel and small 4.00-6 tires. The 6.00-6 mains we use 26-27 psi around here. The reason is the weight they can support over the 4.00-6. The 4.00-6  6 ply can support 660 lbs for each tire vs the 6.00-6 can support around 1760 each. Putting 35 in a 6.00-6 makes it one hard stiff tire. The little lower pressure in the larger 6.00-6 6 plys gives you a little cushion to if you plunk it down.

2 hours ago, Ben2k9 said:

Manual says 28psi. At this pressure tires sag a little at the bottom. Is this the right pressure?  

This part of the manual is old and hasn't ever been updated. Keep 29 psi in the front and have just a couple of psi leak out and you may turn a tire and pull the stem out of the tube. It has happened to many.

I've started running a bead of rubber cement around our rims. Just a little on the top and bottom (1/5th of circumference each, not the full circumference).

Even with low tire pressure, they do NOT rotate, and I've not seen a tube turn yet.

It works well enough that breaking the bead takes a little more work.  I've got a bead breaker and it's not that difficult, doing it by hand might be a bit harder.

Archived