Brakes shaking

Ben2k9

Ok so I have the old Marc brake system. Recently had a caliper replaced. Now when I get on the brakes I’m getting pretty heavy shuddering. I’ve got the mechanic looking at it but does anyone more familiar with these have any insight as to the cause? 

Thanks

Make sure the disc are free to move on the pins. Burnish (heat and wear) the brake pads by taxing and holding a small amount of pressure on the brakes. If you replaced one set of pads you should have done both. Make sure all air is out of the system. It may take a time or two of brake use and they will settle in.

If all else fails shoot the Marc brakes with a 50 cal rifle and put Matco's on. LOL

If nothing is lose then this is just the brake pads against the disc. It stall may be nothing more than just needing to use the brakes a little more and allow the pads to burnish in better. Give them a chance.

p.s.

This may even be contaminated pads from a fluid causing the irregular pad friction.

p.s.s.

The issue with Marc wheels are they are so then that air pressure can change the size of the wheel enough to cause the pins on the disc to bind up. Either too much pressure or too little. 

Archived