Leak around gascolator - 2017 CTLS

EB3

Only 25 hours on my plane, and there's a fuel leak where the fuel hose attaches to the exit from the gascolator. At least that's where it appears to be - it's moist up at that spot, which produces drips at a very slow rate. My mechanic tightened up the hose and then the gascolator itself, but that didn't stop it.  His next move will be to remove and replace the hose and clamp, along with adding a sealant. 

Anyone else ever had this issue?

You shouldn't have a screw clamp on that hose. They came from the factory with either a Band-It clamp or Oetiker. The clamp may be the problem. If you have enough hose trim it back 1/2" or so and use a good clamp. I haven't seen a gascolator fitting leak yet, but anything is possible. My bet is the hose and clamp. No kind of sealant on the hose or fitting. If it is the fitting then apply thread sealer only to those threads.

1 hour ago, Roger Lee said:

You shouldn't have a screw clamp on that hose. They came from the factory with either a Band-It clamp or Oetiker. The clamp may be the problem. If you have enough hose trim it back 1/2" or so and use a good clamp. I haven't seen a gascolator fitting leak yet, but anything is possible. My bet is the hose and clamp. No kind of sealant on the hose or fitting. If it is the fitting then apply thread sealer only to those threads.

Thanks, Roger!  You stated it very well.

My mechanic's first thought was that the clamp might've bitten too far into the hose, thus the leak. He suggested replacing the hose and clamp and using thread sealer to ensure no more leak.  That procedure ought to do the job, so I appreciate the affirmation that perhaps we're on the right track.

Archived