Circuit Breaker labeled ADI, what is it?

mikey70

I have a circuit breaker labeled ADI. There is no reference to it in the equipment list in the logbooks as either installed or removed. The only avionics that comes up with a Google search of ADI is an electronic artificial horizon made by Tru Trak. That doesn't seem logical since it had a D 100 from the getgo. Short of dropping the panel and tracing the wiring (if there is any) does anyone know what this might be?20181028_174746.thumb.jpg.9fdc4422ff783e196b549beb93889ca6.jpg

1 hour ago, FlyingMonkey said:

Isn't that a turn coordinator, rather than a true ADI?

Yeah it does seem to miss the directional part - well, I hardly ever use it , except to note how much more laggy it is than the true ahrs hehe

Here is the ADI.  I had the TruTrak "ADI" installed in my CT at one time.  Here's the PDF for this.  This was an interesting instrument.  It is coupled to the digital output from a GPS to provide "track".  In my case, it was coupled to my Garmin 495.  The intent for this was to have one simple instrument that would provide basic critical direction and attitude input to a pilot who doesn't have instrument training   If anyone is interested in buying this, I'll be glad to make it a good deal.  

TruTrak ADI Install and Userguide.pdf

Thanks for all the replies. I'm assuming incomplete logbook entries. The SL 30 and GPS 696 were added a few years later in 2010 by an avionics shop. They used the ADI breaker for the SL 30 but the RADIO circuit breaker does nothing or maybe the encoder. They must have removed the ADI, built a new center panel, relocated the heater controls, and used the ADI breaker because it was available without relabeling. In which case, there should have been an updated W/B, which there was not. It has been weighed recently but I need to update the equipment list. 

Archived