New to Forum. New to CT Land

UCFKnight1039

Hello-

My name is Gary Cunningham.  I have placed a deposit with John Hurst on a 2010 CTLS.  I hope to take delivery mid Dec.

Just wanted to introduce myself and hope to find out if there are any active Florida based CT Fliers around.  I am in Melbourne, FL.

Also, would love to hear some recommendations for day/weekend trips with the wife.

Thanks and kind regards,

Gary

Thank you gentlemen.

I do like to travel.  In 2014, for a year or so I would make semi-regular trips from MLB to RHP in a C-172D.  Found that flight planning for a 5-6 hour weather window in that area was a challenge.  With today's cockpit weather, I suspect that will be easier. 

Look forward to meeting some of you over the next few years.  I'll keep an eye out for fly-ins and who is attending Seabring, sun-n-fun, etc...

Thanks,

Gary

Hey Gary,

Fly north for a half hour to my field, Spruce Creek fly-in, 7FL6. There is a great restaurant on the field "The Downwind". I'm usually available to talk about CT's and show you around a great fly in community. Then, if you are adventurous, keep going north another hour to our favorite flying place, Jekyll island 09J. The airport is very pilot friendly and will let you borrow bikes or Red bug electric car to go to lunch and explore the very cool island. May need to pack an overnight duffle as your wife will want to stay a night or two!

• 4 weeks later...

Glenn-  thanks for the response.  I’m at MLB.  We will have to meet up sometime after I get the CT.  I flew with John a few days last week, and was hoping to knock out my BFR and fly the CT home to MLB. As luck would have it, the XPNDR failed out of nowhere and I decided to leave the plane w John and postpone delivery until it was fixed and re-certified.  

As schedules look, it may be after Christmas before ours ultimately line up.  

Waiting patiently (but not really) 

Gary

• 1 month later...

Archived