New Aero Classis 4.00-6 Tire @ Desser

Runtoeat

26 minutes ago, Runtoeat said:

Just ordered a new design 4.00-6 Aero Classic tire from Desser.  This is supposedly an upgrade to the older 4.00-6 Aero Classic.  Smooth 2 rib design with more durable rubber compound.  Contact is Jose Murillo @ X-305.

Is the new tire balanced with a valve stem mark?  The old one was not.

2 hours ago, Runtoeat said:

Just ordered a new design 4.00-6 Aero Classic tire from Desser.  This is supposedly an upgrade to the older 4.00-6 Aero Classic.  Smooth 2 rib design with more durable rubber compound.  Contact is Jose Murillo @ X-305.

Dick - is this the tire that shows up when you search online for the 400-6?  I notice that the price has gone up a little this year. 

It looks like whoever the entity is that manufactures the Aero Classic 4.00-6 tire realized there was a need to improve the quality and has come out with an upgraded tire.  Jose told me that the new version is a "smooth 2 rib" design which has a new rubber compound to provide longer life.  I do not believe this tire is listed on Desser's website.  If ordering a tire online, Jose told me to include a note indicating the order is for the new design 4.00-6 and to reference Jose Murillo's name.  Instead of ordering myself, I asked Jose to draw up the order for this tire which he was happy to do.  I'll know more when I get the invoice in my email.  Making calls today, there are no other sources for this size tire.  Desser appears to be the only source so I called to order the old 4.00-6 tire.  During my call to order a 4.00-6 tire I asked Jose if concentricity and balance could be checked.  Out of the blue, he offered the new design tire.  I was so happy that there might be a better quality 4.00-6 tire that I forgot to ask about whether this is checked (and marked?) for balance.  Might call back to request this or if someone orders a tire please ask and let us know.  Jose is the person at Desser to contact for this. 

Addendum:  Pretty sure that this is an 8 ply.  Not sure if this is going to be too stiff of a tire but figured it's worth a try if it offers improved wear and better construction (ie., it's round and doesn't have any bulges).

Archived