My wall and shop didn't make it through Christmas

Roger Lee

Ouch.  My wall and shop didn't make it through Christmas.  No injuries and no alcohol. Just an old lady that ran a stop sign, careened off a car it hit, missed a huge pole, a big tree and 4 electric boxes to finally make it to my wall. No braking, just panicked throttle. $20K - $25 K in damages. My tools and machines are trashed. This is the smaller side. The larger longer side wasn't affected.

It just goes to show never eat Ham, Turkey and pie and drive. :)

p.s.

The airbag never went off. The car is totaled. 

Crash.jpg

Crash 1.jpg

Crash 2.jpg

Crash 3.jpg

12 hours ago, Runtoeat said:

Hopefully your insurance will cover things.

If it doesn't cover enough, he can sue the driver personally for any shortages.  I'm not lawsuit happy, but in a case like this if you can't get reasonable compensation from the insurance company/companies, you do have the option of a liability lawsuit.  Either way Roger should be okay, you never get perfect restoration, but he should be able to get close.

I have USAA and they are taking care of it up front. So far it's about $10K for building and wall.  That's the preliminary estimate. I haven't even added up tool damages. It's at least a new toolbox, new vertical band-saw and new drill-press. USAA is fast at work and then they'll deal with the other insurance company.

My shop is "L" shaped. She hit the small 12' x 12' side. The 12' x 24' side was untouched. If she had hit the other side it would be a lot more expensive.

Archived