BRS Repack

lvpazik

I have a 2012 CTLSi and the BRS chute repack is due. Anyone remove this themselves to send in to BRS? Don't know if this is legal or difficult.  I would assume a licensed A&P would have to reinstall it to keep it legal.  I have been told it's an easy removal but without being provided with any details/instructions. 

1 hour ago, FlyingMonkey said:

I can see that, which the smaller height of the square baggage doors.

It's not just the baggage doors. I have done a regular CTLS as well. The CTLSi has fuel lines in the way, and maybe different positioning of the straps in the structure. I just know compared to the others it was not fun.

I replaced Parachute & Rocket Motor last July. It was straight forward following the Instructions. Rocket Motor Assy. Shipped Unassembled due to it being explosive. One must be home to sign for it. A bench vice is a must for assembly. You will need A&P or LSRM-A to do the installation. The instructions are good.

• 1 month later...

I have done this on a CTLS. The most difficult part for me was getting it lifted to align it with the bolt holes when I reinstalled it. I was not able to do it without help. I think it will go better next time.

I have an advantage because I have kids in the Twin Cities so I had a wonderful lace to stay when I dropped it off and picked it up a couple of weeks later. Got a tour of the repack facility too.

Archived