Kona, Hawaii fly in

Duane Jefts

Flew from Barbers Point on Oahu to North shore Molokai, then North shore Maui, then over to the big Island and on down to Kona. Light winds and few white caps on the Ocean today. It was easy to see the whales.  Flight was made in the famous CTLS 413F.

The gathering consisted of Larry Jefts, Darryl Swenson, Carol Merrifield and Duane Jefts all of which made the Page Fly In this last October. The weather was perfect.

IMG_4122.jpg

Kalaeloa will always be Barbers Point to me as I was stationed there in the late 60's and the Coast Guard station is still there.

My brother Larry and his son Jonathan have hangar's there.

I believe there is one other CT in the Islands based in Kona on the Island of Hawaii.

I'm not sure why some airports don't have the ICAO identifier. It must be the IATA code identification system - international vs local designations.

Picture of Barbers point Coast Guard Air Station from last week.

IMG_4033.jpg

Flew over them and they looked like they were being used but I don't know the condition. The beach looked nice so even a tent would be good. There was lots of folks on that beach. I did take a picture of Waikiki Beach and there were many folks there as well.IMG_4086.thumb.jpg.c49c8b46f627b318a8d1cc0ae45d39a0.jpg

Archived