2009 CTLS FOR SALE

solarguy54

2009 FLIGHT DESIGN CTLS • $82,900 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE  2009 Flight Design CTLS, 630 hours TTAF. Rotax 912 ULS, Dynon D100/D180, Garmin Aera 796 touch screen GPS with GDL 39 for ADS-B and weather in, upgraded to Garmin GTX 330ES for ADS-B out, Garmin SL-30 NAV/COM, upgraded to tundra tires & wheel pants, Matco wheels/brakes, 2-axis autopilot slaved to Garmin Aera, Sensenich 3BOR5/R 568C-FD prop, BRS chute (repack due 9/21, rocket due 10/19), annual due 3/19, 5-year rubber due 3/31/20. Maintained by LSRM with 100 hour condition inspections. Selling for new aircraft. All logs available. Delivery available. Great XC machine. Awesome climb. Sid Lloyd at (928) 239-4101. Cottonwood, AZ (P52). First $82,900 gets it. • Contact Sid Lloyd - KESTREL AVIATION SERVICES, Owner - located Cottonwood , AZ USA • Telephone: 928 239-4101

JWCX1SJPRRK%ieyYWVRk2A.jpg

%6CzgzfEQzeEFPXqQhGMOA.jpg

q+ZNyb2oQ8erbGCV0V5ZxA.jpg

xs+6CoUxSCO%xJNwYIFRfQ.jpg

zUJ1NjliSFGEGfSaR4qfLQ.jpg

lMvt90NOQTGSu4%SdjA1lg.jpg

LnB%Z4MbSJmA8gb7qZpJng.jpg

oj3gJdRrSY2TXRVgghoHNA.jpg

uGz+4hckQESKfi%%Yr%cKw.jpg

3GtmtpQiQ1qXhkjrC3cpUg.jpg

n8nsc3oxTJy5S8gEQa80lA.jpg

HLXnwOcvSauAZKncUwVwGg.jpg

22 hours ago, JGray said:

Has this one had the rubber done Sid? Was it a trainer with the 100 hr inspections or a rental? Do you know if its possible to change the interior from tan to black? Any damage history? 

Thanks! 

Rubber was done 3/14/15 by AMS in Visalia, CA so is due 3/31/20. Was used as a single individual's personal aircraft from new through 368 hours. From 368 till now it has been used as our personal aircraft as well as a trainer and rental. I have personally logged 36.1 hours. 80% of the balance of 99 hours was under the direct supervision of our lead CFI who has 28,000 hours of flight time. That means about 20 hours of rental total in the life of the aircraft where a CFI was not in the right seat.

The only damage to the aircraft was the right main landing gear and minor repair of right wingtip/right baggage door. After a landing, the right gear leg slowly collapsed damaging the right baggage door and allowing the right wing tip to slide on the runway at taxi speed. Upon inspection, I am convinced that the right landing gear was defective just as the NTSB determined a couple of years ago to someone who landed in a field and experienced a similar gear lead collapse in a similar aged CTLS. I then removed both gear fairings and discovered a small 1" hairline crack in the left landing gear. So, I replaced both at $1,300 each. I repaired the right wingtip with carbon fiber and MGS L285 as per Flight Design and had the right wingtip repainted along with the right baggage door.

I hope to have the aircraft at Copperstate this weekend weather permitting.

Changing color is fairly easy. New seat covers, stick grips and stick bases. That's it.

Sid Lloyd
LSRM Heavy Airplane/Weight Shift

Thanks Sid,

I must not have slid the "notify me of replies" button on this one, I appreciate all the info. Does this one have the early or late airelon system? Another member had mentioned the first 35-40 LS's made had a different system which was updated after that time. 

26 minutes ago, JGray said:

Thanks Sid,

I must not have slid the "notify me of replies" button on this one, I appreciate all the info. Does this one have the early or late airelon system? Another member had mentioned the first 35-40 LS's made had a different system which was updated after that time. 

It would have the later system.

Archived