If it's the fuel hose at the clamp either tighten the clamp or trim the hose and then re-clamp.

If it's the Banjo bolt fitting then tighten that down. It has 3 crush washers.

If it is the stainless line check it over for cracks. I believe that is the reason Rotax switched to the Teflon hose. You can try tightening the nut.

I had one once that leaked after maintenance. I had to remove the line from the fitting, and the fitting from the carb and re-seal.

Any tips for getting a wrench on that nut? Seems like air intake hardware is in the way. I got it off and see no cracks but difficult to get a wrench down on it to tighten

Thanks,

I will remove the starting carb and try tightening the nut over the fuel line connection. Should one use loctite 567 on this ?

Rich

4 hours ago, Tom Baker said:

I normally take off the starting carburetor to make room.

What is the “starting carburetor”? Never heard that used. 

17 minutes ago, Buckaroo said:

What is the “starting carburetor”? Never heard that used. 

Sometimes called a choke, nut it is not really a choke.

I agree with Tom. Remove the choke with the 4 screws and you should be able to get a wrench in there and make this fitting nice and tight.

Part of the problem with the stainless line is moving or pushing it around can cause leaks. Not real common, but it can happen.

The sealant for the fitting to the carb is Loctite 243. There is no sealant between the line nut and fitting. There is also a 950-141 gasket ring under the fitting.

If tightening the nut doesn't stop the leak remove the line and fitting and re-seal the fitting with the Loctite and a new gasket ring. Torque is 90 in/lb. Sometimes the line nut wants to loosen the fitting instead of breaking loose from the fitting. You will need to try and hold the fitting to loosen the nut.

PS: there is a thin gasket 950-030 under the starting carb, and it is not uncommon to have it tear if it has been on a long time. The 4 screws also get the 243 Loctite.

36 minutes ago, Roger Lee said:

There are times I'm well past 90 in/lbs for this fuel nut, but it never leaks.

The 90 in/lb is for the fitting in the carb, not the line nut.

Removed the starting carb. Was able to tighten the line nut snugly and all is well. Thanks for all the help. 

• Upvote 1