Fuel leak

ls6pilot

The sealant for the fitting to the carb is Loctite 243. There is no sealant between the line nut and fitting. There is also a 950-141 gasket ring under the fitting.

If tightening the nut doesn't stop the leak remove the line and fitting and re-seal the fitting with the Loctite and a new gasket ring. Torque is 90 in/lb. Sometimes the line nut wants to loosen the fitting instead of breaking loose from the fitting. You will need to try and hold the fitting to loosen the nut.

PS: there is a thin gasket 950-030 under the starting carb, and it is not uncommon to have it tear if it has been on a long time. The 4 screws also get the 243 Loctite.

• 2 years later...

Whilst trying to stop a very minor leak on the fuel connection (stainless tube to carb), I tried to re seat the stainless tube and tighten the nut - I seem  to have made it worse and can't get it to stop.   I think I give up and am gonna order the new Teflon hose.   Question though.  My fuel cut off is in the off position yet there is a small amount of fuel continuously dripping from the unconnected stainless fuel line.  Does this mean my fuel cut off is not good (leaking)?        Looks like I'm gonna be grounded awhile -hose not available until mid July.. The hose (as listed on CPS 874-911) is just the hose correct?  I also need to order the attachments like banjo bolt, gasket ring etc etc.  ??  Anyone have a list as I wanna be sure my order is complete... ? Thanks

Does your metal line have the leak under a crush washer or where the metal line itself goes into its end fitting? Maybe a crack in the matal line where it inserts at the end there? 

Using the newer teflon hose from Rotax is better. Rotax wanted everyone to switch over many years ago.

When using the teflon hose. The assembly goes like this for the crush washers. Take the banjo bolt and slide on a washer, then slide the hose end on the bolt, then another washer, then the spacer and then the last washer. I have never seen a fuel leak here that can't be stopped. 

ROTAX 912 UL FUEL PUMP ASSEMBLY _ FUEL HOSE ASSEMBLY _ AIRBOX ASSEMBLY _ California Power Systems.html

It looks like the leak is coming from the metal line where it goes into the fitting (not where the crush washer is into the carb) Thanks very much for the parts and lead where can order.  It takes a close to a month just to get from USA to here :( 

On 5/12/2021 at 9:17 AM, Tom Baker said:

Leading Edge Airfoils has the hose in stock, but better yet when I was looking I came across this. https://www.leadingedgeairfoils.com/flexible-retrofit-kit.html It has everything you need plus a couple extra items, plus it is less expensive. It also shows in stock at CPS for the same price.

$620 for a foot or two of teflon hose and some fittings...GAH!!!

8 hours ago, Tom Baker said:

What's worse is that it is $783 just for the hose by itself.😬

Oh yeah !  So thank you again for the link - you saved me some $$$ and at least a month extra downtime.  Gracias!!    (i think i also got the last hose in stock-  after my order it went to backordered. 

• 1 month later...

A month later, finally got the fuel hose and installing tomorrow -   Just want to confirm- the Banjo Bolt (that connects the fuel line to the carb) has a torque of 90in.lb correct ?   This also applies to the banjo bolt on the clamp block?