Flight Design Back Up To Speed!

FlyingMonkey

Thanks for posting.  I am one of the 12 deliveries... and I love the CTLSi.  Glad I went FD. 

Say the reconstituted CTSW, with the injected engine, carries 80 lbs more than my model.  That is a significant gain and at $145k, brand new, that's a good deal.  Sometimes the best answers are right under the nose.  My plane was a bunch more than that, but let's face it hat racks and a 3rd Dynon are expensive...; )

Begs the question, are the handling differences noticeable from the CTSW to the CTLS?  I'll bet not too much.

1 hour ago, AGLyme said:

Thanks for posting.  I am one of the 12 deliveries... and I love the CTLSi.  Glad I went FD. 

Say the reconstituted CTSW, with the injected engine, carries 80 lbs more than my model.  That is a significant gain and at $145k, brand new, that's a good deal.  Sometimes the best answers are right under the nose.  My plane was a bunch more than that, but let's face it hat racks and a 3rd Dynon are expensive...; )

Begs the question, are the handling differences noticeable from the CTSW to the CTLS?  I'll bet not too much.

I think the consensus is that the CTLS improves two aspects:

1) Landing gear is more forgiving - not an issue because the new airplane has the uprated CTLS gear.

2) The shorter fuselage of the CTSW makes it a little more yaw happy and "squirrelly" in rough air.  I have flown in some pretty bad turbulence and it's manageable, but a little more yaw stability would certainly be a good thing.

And of course the hat rack.  Kind of a joke but the rack also gives rear quarter windows, which I really would like; the CTSW rear view is pretty bad.

Archived