Ball centered

CT2K

2 hours ago, Ed Cesnalis said:

Tom, would I be correct in assuming that until that break there was a student at the controls and while you could observe stick input enough left rudder could have been added without you even knowing?

Ed, it was back in 2007, so I don't really remember control inputs. I remember who was flying, and they had issues with coordination. I suspect it may have been an aileron correction that caused it rather than a rudder application.

The second time I was flying the airplane doing a demo flight. It was a very windy, gusty, and extremely rough day, and not ideal for flying a CT. The controls were constantly moving just trying to keep the airplane in position. I suspect a gust or bump caused me to become uncoordinated right at the point of the stall 

6 minutes ago, Tom Baker said:

The second time I was flying the airplane doing a demo flight. It was a very windy, gusty, and extremely rough day, and not ideal for flying a CT. The controls were constantly moving just trying to keep the airplane in position. I suspect a gust or bump caused me to become uncoordinated right at the point of the stall 

I've flown a 2005 CT with the smaller tail and from time to time the rudder would go hard over and not return.  Maybe this is possible but not common on the newer tails?

Archived